File this one under why didn’t this exist already.
Today Polycom announced their latest conference phone offering, the SoundStation Duo, which marries VoIP and PSTN calling capabilities into one device.
Polycom SoundStation Overview
The Polycom Duo comes packed with all the industry leading features that you’ve come to expect from Polycom such as:
- SIP based, with support for today’s leading IP PBX platforms
- Killer voice quality through Polycom HDVoice
- Full dial pad and four softkeys
- White scale LCD
- Power over Ethernet through a single RJ45
- Single FXO port
- Automatic failover from IP to analog in case your network goes down
- Applications port for connecting a mobile phone when an analog line isn’t available
Polycom SoundStation Duo is a Win-Win
This dual-mode conference phone is a smart move by the folks at Polycom.
With analog line revenues decreasing, but still representing a large chunk of their conferencing business, the Polycom Duo will allow Polycom to merge their legacy SoundStation into their current IP offerings. This will give Polycom them the ability to painlessly phase out their analog offerings without losing revenues to those behind the times.
All while ensuring the market laggards are future proofed for when they final make the switch.