SightSpeed 6.0 Is Now Available For Download
Although the cat was let out of the bag last week, SightSpeed 6.0 has offically been released. SightSpeed, the leading provider of personal video services over the Internet, today officially announced that SightSpeed version 6.0 is now available for free download.
SightSpeed 6.0 Enhancements
- An all-new, streamlined and more elegant user interface (UI) with an intuitive tabular layout. This makes SightSpeed more fun, more aesthetically pleasing and easier to use than ever before.
- A 25 percent improvement in SightSpeedâ€™s already best-in-class video quality. Get better, clearer, perfectly synchronized video and audio at all broadband connection speeds, from DSL and cable to T1 and LAN.
- An all-new â€œvery highâ€ resolution mode for advanced cameras (640 x 480 pixels).
- A revolutionary new feature for business and power users that offers the ability to record live SightSpeed calls on the fly (both video and audio), store them locally and play them back with a choice of presentation layouts. Pro users can now record audio only or both audio and video together and easily present a true â€œinterviewâ€ playback experience on their Web site or blog, in addition to archiving their important calls.
- Faster loading time for video mail and video blog recording. Play and watch your friendsâ€™ videos much faster.
- New video inbox functionality, with the ability to play back received video and audio messages inside the UIâ€™s video window. Easily reply to your messages with the click of a mouse without leaving the SightSpeed application.
- Significantly improved and intuitive instant-messaging capabilities with separate IM boxes for each participant. Set up multiple IM sessions on the fly and receive pop-up notices for new messages from your friends.
And behind the scenes, SightSpeed has completed its conversion to an all-new, highly scalable and robust SIP architecture, setting the stage for exciting partnership and interoperability opportunities in the coming months (including IP calling to hardware devices like SIP-enabled telephones, video phones and mobile phones).
Version 6.0 builds upon SightSpeedâ€™s reputation as the provider of the first complete suite of personal video services delivered over the Internet. The services are available for both Windows PCs and Macintosh personal computers, and are interoperable between both.
Through SightSpeed, users with webcams can place free video calls, leave video messages or post videos to their blogs or personal Web pages. SightSpeed also offers unlimited PC-to-PC voice-only calling (works great for Macs, too), and provides calling to and from traditional and cell phones.